Friday, February 1, 2008

Feeling Old

For those of you who don't know me just yet, I am an energy lawyer (I represent electric utilities). This field is very esoteric and until the California crisis no one had a clue as to what I meant when I said I was an energy lawyer.

Another thing about me is that I used to ride horses (fell off many times and now have hip issues -- but that is for another blog). At the barn where I used to ride there was a very cute girl. She was young, energetic, and a much better rider than I. When I first met her she was around 9. When I quit riding at the barn and she moved to another barn she was around 16. That was about 10 years ago. Well low and behold, I get an email serving me a legal document from a lawyer with this girl's name. Now I'm thinking it can't be Little B, can it? Well it was. She is all grown up and an energy lawyer -- married to boot. To me, she stopped getting older at 16 and I quit getting older too. Well that is not true for either of us. The world goes on. Neither of us ride anymore, which is a shame. But she is still sweet and when she smiled I saw the young girl I remembered.

1 comment:

Jules said...

GET BACK ON THAT HORSE AGAIN, LECTRICLADY and ride till you loose yourself in the wind...
Jules