Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Weekend




Last weekend went to see my sister with my husband and in-laws.   We went to the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance.  There we saw Clark Gable's car -- 1938 Packard Darrin convertible.  It was beautiful, black and sleek.  And $250,000.  Too rich for our blood.  There also was a cute  blue Morgan.  I coveted that car.  Luckily That Motorcycle Man refrained.  Although it would be fun to drive down the road with the wind in my hair in that beauty.  While at my sis' we participated in her family's "Sunday night dinner."  We cooked, we laughed, we ate, we watched the Tony awards. It was great.  That Motorcycle Man and my sis' dog Stella had a good time too.  Stella refused to relinquish her ball, even when That MM chased her.  She is beautiful.  All in all it was a great weekend (how could it not be when my sis and I went shopping at Marshall's for purses?).  Additionally on the way back we stopped at the Brandywine River Museum, which displays NC, Andrew, and Jamie Wyeth paintings as well as others.  That MM and his Dad liked NC the best.  I liked Andrew and That MM's mom liked all three.  Interesting how art touches people's souls in different ways.  What a wonderful museum.  If you get a chance go.  It is wonderful.  It was hard to go back to work today.

1 comment:

abb said...

Two posts in one month???? Is there a new trend coming on???

Glad you're back!